This question will come to your mind when you decide to apply for a credit card. But, the best answer to your question is that no single credit card can satisfy the need of everybody. You are keen to get the best credit cards, aren’t you? Every credit card is unique in its way and will offer you different benefits. This is the reason why you should compare the offers provided by different cards available in the market. However, as a card user, you might face a little difficulty in choosing the best credit cards for you. Don’t worry; here we will let you know about the best credit card options available to you-
Read More: Managing Credit Card bills - Mission Impossible?
1. Simply Click SBI Credit Card-
This is one of the most preferred and popular credit cards offered by SBI. It comes with various benefits to the salaried people.
The following are some of the features and benefits offered by Simply Click SBI credit card:
- Best suitable for salaried people and also for those who are very fond of online shopping.
- It has an annual fee of Rs 499 but will be waived off in case your yearly spending exceeds Rs 1,00,000.
- You will be offered an Amazon gift voucher of Rs 500 for free, upon joining.
- Moreover, you can earn reward points equivalent to 10X for any online transaction with Amazon, Foodpanda, Bookmyshow, Cleartrip, or UrbanClap and reward points of 5X for online shopping with other sites.
- Cleartrip offers you an e-voucher of Rs 2000 if your annual online spending is Rs 1 lakhs or above.
- For using the SBI simply click credit card for fuel transaction, you can get a discount of 1% for any such transaction between Rs 500-Rs 3000.
2. HDFC Platinum Plus Credit Card-
The HDFC Platinum Plus credit card would be perfect for those who want to enjoy the luxuries of credit cards.
Some of the top and prominent features of HDFC Platinum Plus Credit Card are given below, do have a look:
- This credit card does not charge an annual fee
- This card gives you an add-on benefit, where you can get an additional 3 cards for your parents, children, spouse, etc.
- You can earn 2 reward points for every spending of Rs 150
- 2.5% fuel surcharge is waived on fuel transaction
3. ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card-
ICICI Platinum Chip Credit Card is among the best-offered credit cards in India. You can earn points and enjoy discounts at various restaurants and many others.
Below are some of the major features have been mentioned, do have a look:
- This card comes with an annual fee of Rs 199 and a renewal charge of Rs 99
- For every payment, you make on your utility bills or insurance premium worth Rs 100, you will get one PAYBACK point.
- For every expenditure of Rs 100 on all other categories (barring fuel), you can earn 2 Payback points
- You can win some exciting gift vouchers on by redeeming the reward points you accumulate.
- You can avail of a 15% discount at selected restaurants that comes under ICICI Bank’s Culinary Treats Program
4. Indian Oil Citibank Platinum Credit Card-
As the name suggests this credit card of Citibank enables the user to get benefitted from Indian oil charges and others.
Following are some of the advantages of the Indian Oil Citibank Platinum Credit Card, let’s have a look:
- This card comes with an annual fee of Rs 1000
- With this card, you are liable to get 71 liters of free fuel every year (as turbo points and fuel surcharge wavier).
- Use this card to get 4 Turbo points for every Rs 150 you spend on Indian Oil retail merchandise across the country.
- You can earn 2 Turbo points on every Rs 150 you spend on grocery and supermarket and 1 Turbo points on other spending with this card.
- The Turbo Points you accumulate will never expire.
- This is a contactless card and you just need to wave it in front of the POS.
- You can get a discount of up to 15% on dining expenses at restaurants partnered to with Citibank.
5. Citibank Cashback Credit Card-
As the name suggests, this credit card of Citibank majorly benefits the customer in cashbacks.
Some of the major benefits of Citibank Cashback Credit Card are given below:
- You will be charged Rs 500 as an annual fee when you apply for Citibank Cashback Credit Card.
- For people who are addicted to online shopping, this credit card can save a lot of money.
- You can earn 5% cashback for purchasing movie tickets.
- 5% cashback is rewarded for making telephone bill payments.
- All other spends can reward you with 5% cashback.
- Another 5% cashback for making utility bill payments online through Citibank Online Bill Pay.
6. Citi Premier Miles Credit Card-
If you are someone who frequently flies then this card can be a boon for you. Want to know how then have a look below at the benefits of this Citi Premier Miles Credit Card:
- This card comes with an annual fee of Rs 3000.
- Win 10,000 bonus Miles on spends of Rs 1000 or more within 60 days of issuing this card.
- On renewing this card, you can get an additional 3000 Miles.
- Get 4 Miles for every spending of Rs 100 on all categories.
- For every Rs. 100, you spend on transactions with any airline, 10 miles will be awarded to you.
- The air miles you earn will never expire.
- Benefits you by giving complimentary access to all major airport lounges in India or abroad.
7. Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card-
Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit card is one of the best credit cards offered by Standard Chartered Bank. Want to know why?
Then have a look at the below-mentioned benefits of this credit card
- This card comes with an annual fee of Rs 999 which can be waived off after prolonged use of the card.
- One fascinating advantage of this card is that it provides you with a 5% cashback on grocery expenses. All major grocery supermarkets like More, Big Bazar and Spencers, etc are included.
- On all other spendings, you can win 3X reward points.
- Uber rides offer you 20% cashback on this card.
- This card also gives you exclusive offers and attractive discounts on hotels and other lifestyle stores.
8. Standard Charted Platinum Rewards card-
Standard Charted Platinum Rewards Card is best suited to salaried employees in both private and government sectors.
Below are few features of the Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card:
- This card is best suited for salaried employees in both Government and the private sector.
- No annual/ joining fee is required while applying for this credit card.
- Best for the first-time users of credit cards.
- Provides an option to upgrade to a Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit card based on the income and card usage of an individual.
- If you make any transaction within 60 days, you have the opportunity to win 1000 reward points.
- Every spending of Rs 150 on fuel can give you 5X reward points.
- Transaction done on all other categories can earn you 1X reward points.
- 500 reward points on registering for an online banking facility.
- 20% cashback on Uber rides
9. SBI Card Elite-
State Bank of India offers many credit cards to the customers in order to benefit their customers. SBI Card Elite is one of them that helped the customers at various outlets in order to get e-gift vouchers and discounts.
Let’s have a close look at the benefits provided by the SBI Card Elite:
- Costliest among all the other credit cards in terms of annual and renewal fee which is about Rs 4,999. But it will compensate you with its facilities/rewards.
- Yatra, Pantaloons, Bata/Hush Puppies, Shoppers Stop, and Marks & Spencer will give you a welcome e-gift voucher worth Rs 5,000 with this card
- You can avail of 10,000 reward points when your annual spendings reach Rs3 lakh and Rs 4 lakhs respectively.
- Except for fuel, transactions done for every Rs 100 in other categories can fetch you 2 reward points.
- 5X reward points on using this credit card on dining, grocery or other departmental stores.
- This card will allow you to access about 1000 airport lounges around the globe by providing you with a Priority Pass Membership.
10. HSBC Platinum Credit Card-
HSBC Bank is among the banks known for its customer benefitted services and HSBC Platinum Credit Card has provided some brownie points to it.Below are some of the reasons being the HSBC Platinum Credit Card among the best credit cards:
This card does not charge any annual or renewal fee.
- This card does not charge any annual or renewal fee.
- Cleartrip offers you a voucher worth Rs 2000 on your first transaction with this card.
- You can get you 10% cashback (maximum of Rs 2500) within 90 days of issuing the card.
- 3X reward points can be earned for the first 12 months on hotels, dining, or telephone expenses.
- 5X reward points can be earned for every purchase made after the limit of Rs 4 lakhs (subject to a maximum of Rs 10 lakh).
- 2 reward points on every spending of Rs 150 on all other categories.
- For fuel transactions done in the range of Rs 400 to Rs 4000, avail a waiver of fuel surcharges across all petrol pumps up to Rs 250 per month.
11. Axis Bank Ace Credit Card
The Axis Bank Ace Credit Card has the highest universal cashback rate of 2%, making it one of the best cashback credit cards in India. A cashback credit card would be the right option for you if you are unsure about the categories where you spend the most.
The following are the highlights of the Axis Ace Credit Card.
- The cost of joining is Rs. 499. (Reversed on spending Rs. 10,000 in the first 45 days)
- Fee for Renewal: Rs. 499 (Reversed on spending Rs. 2 Lakhs or more in the preceding year)
- Minimum Salary: Assigned at the time of sourcing.
- Google Pay offers a 5% cashback on bill payments and mobile recharges.
- Cashback of 4% on Swiggy, Zomato, and Ola
- 2% cashback on all other purchases
- There is no upper limit to the amount of cashback that can be won.
- Big Basket and Grofers both offer a 5% cashback (Valid till 31st December)
- Every calendar year, you'll get four free lounge visits.
- For transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000, a 1% fuel surcharge waiver is applicable; the maximum waiver per month is Rs. 500.
12. Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card
Amazon Pay ICICI Card is one of the best credit cards in India when it comes to co-branded benefits. If you shop at Amazon regularly, you can save a lot of money by getting cashback on your purchases. Aside from Amazon purchases, you can earn cashback on a variety of other purchases. The best part about this credit card is that you get all of these benefits for free because there is no application or renewal fee.
The following are the specifics of this credit card:
- Nil annual fee
- Fee for Renewal: None
- Amazon Prime members get 5% cashback on all purchases at Amazon, in addition to other discounts.
- Non-prime consumers get 3% cashback on all purchases.
- 2 % cash back on Amazon partner purchases and gift card purchases
- Recharges, bill payments, and other transactions earn you 2% Reward Points.
- All other purchases will earn you 1% cashback.
- All petrol pumps in India are exempt from a 1% fuel surcharge.
- 1 Rupee = 1 Reward Point
- For 3 or 6 months, there is no cost EMI on all purchases above Rs. 3,000.
- Additional cashback as Amazon Pay balance for Prime and non-Prime members. Amazon Pay balance is automatically converted from reward points and credited to the Amazon account as Amazon Pay balance.
13. HDFC Regalia Credit Card
If you are willing to have a credit card that benefits you something for every category, then you can think about HDFC Regalia. It provides dining discounts, travel discounts, a decent rewards program, and a comprehensive protection plan.
Let's take a closer look at the HDFC Regalia credit card:
- The annual fee is Rs. 2,500 plus GST.
- Fee for Renewal: Rs. 2,500 + GST (waived off on spending Rs. 3 Lakh in the previous calendar year)
- Minimum monthly income required: Rs. 70,000
- Spend Rs. 75,000 within the first three months of receiving the credit card and get a year of Zomato Gold Membership.
- Every year, when you pay the joining fee and the renewal fee, you'll get 2,500 Reward Points.
- Every year calendar, you'll get 12 free visits to domestic airport lounges.
- Priority Pass membership includes up to 12 international lounge visits per year for self and add-on members, which can be activated after four retail transactions.
- Booking, travel, late-night deliveries, and other travel concierge services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Priority dining service at top restaurants throughout the country as part of the Good Food Trail dining program.
- For every Rs. 150 spent on all retail purchases, such as utility bills, insurance, education, and rent, you will receive 4 Reward Points.
- Spending Rs. 5 lakhs on the card earns you 10,000 reward points, and spending Rs. 8 lakhs earn you an extra 5,000 points.
- All transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 5,000 at all petrol pumps in the country will be subject to a 1% fuel surcharge waiver.
- With 70% redemption of ticket fares for flight and hotel bookings, vouchers, gifts and products, and so on, rewards can be redeemed on flight and hotel bookings, vouchers, gifts and products, and so on.
- Accidental death cover of Rs. 1 lakh in the air
- Up to Rs. 15 lakhs in emergency overseas hospitalization coverage
14. SBI BPL Octane Credit Card
If you're worried about rising fuel prices and are looking for ways to save money, the BPCL SBI Octane Credit Card is something you should think about. This is one of the best credit cards for petrol, and it is one of the top ten credit cards for 2021.
Here are a few of its advantages:
- The annual fee is Rs. 1,499 plus GST.
- Fee for Renewal: Rs. 1,499 + GST (waived off on annual spends of 2 lakh or more)
- Required Minimum Income: At the time of sourcing, it was communicated.
- On fuel bought at BPCL petrol pumps, you will receive 7.25 % value-back, i.e. 25x reward points.
- Every Rs.100 spent on the BPCL Fuel, Lubricants & Bharat Gas website and application earns you 25 reward points.
- Every Rs.100 spent on groceries, department stores, movie tickets, and dining earns you 10 reward points.
- Per the billing cycle, a maximum of 2500 reward points can be accumulated.
- On payment of the joining fee, you will receive 6000 bonus reward points worth Rs. 1500.
- Users can get an e-gift voucher worth Rs.2000 on select merchants with a minimum annual spend of Rs. 3 lakhs.
- 4 free visits to domestic VISA lounges in India every calendar year (Maximum 1 visit allowed per quarter)
15. Yes First Preferred Credit Card
The YES FIRST Preferred Credit Card is a high-end card that caters to regular travelers and shoppers. With every purchase, the card also provides generous rewards that can be redeemed for vouchers, merchandise, or Intermiles.
The following are some of the key features of this YES Bank credit card:
- Fee: Rs. 2,499 per year
- Renewal Fee: Rs. 2,499
- Monthly income of Rs. 1,50,000 is required.
- Making your first purchase within 90 days of card activation earns you 10,000 reward points as a welcome bonus.
- Every year, when you pay your renewal fee, you'll get a bonus of 7,500 reward points.
- Earn 8 reward points for every Rs. 200 spent in any category.
- Earn two times the points on travel agencies and tour operators, domestic airlines, and dining. Redeem rewards to purchase items from an exclusive catalog or book flights, hotels, and movie tickets through YES Bank's dedicated website (1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25)
- In a 4:1 ratio, covert reward points are converted into Intermiles.
- Get exclusive golf benefits through the Mastercard World Golf Programme, including a three-green fee waiver at select golf courses and a monthly free lesson.
- Receive a complimentary Priority Pass membership as well as four free visits per year.
- YES ASSIST provides dedicated concierge service as well as car assistance.
- Take advantage of a 1.75 % foreign exchange markup fee.
- Get a 25% discount on movie tickets purchased via BookMyShow.
- Get free insurance coverage, including life insurance, medical insurance, and credit protection.
16. Standard Chartered Super Titanium Credit Card
The Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium credit card is intended for people who want to get something in exchange for using their credit card. On all purchases, you will receive cash back and incentives. This is one of those cards that also give you cashback on gas purchases.
Let's take a closer look at this card:
- Minimum Income Required: Rs. 55000 per month
- Annual Fee: Rs. 750 + GST
- Minimum Income Required: Rs. 55000 per month
- Fuel purchases, phone recharges, and utility bill payments all earn 5% cashback.
- Every Rs. 150 spent in all other categories earns you 1 reward point.
- Priority Pass Membership is provided free of charge.
- Standard Chartered Good Life program offers and discounts on shopping, trip booking, dining, and other activities.
- For redemption of rewards, use the Standard Chartered 360° Rewards Program.
- Balance transfers from other credit cards up to Rs. 5 lakhs are eligible for a lower interest rate.
- Family members can get free add-on credit cards for the rest of their lives (spouse, children above 18 years of age, siblings, and parents)
17. IndusInd Bank Platinum Master Credit Card
This high-end credit card is designed for those who want to live a luxurious lifestyle. It provides cardholders with a variety of lifestyle and dining benefits.
Things to consider for choosing the best credit card:
- Identify your need to get credit cards
- Know your eligibility for credit cards
- Shortlist credit cards
- Pick the one that suits your needs best
- Compare the cards from different banks to find the best one
Read More: How can You Increase Your Credit Card Limit
The bottom line:
The active online platform of Afinoz is there to provide you with all the assistance you want. Our experts will churn the sea of the quality credit card offers in the market and will help you select the perfect one to suit your specific spending habits/patterns. We have exclusive tie-ups with the best credit card issuers, and you can have your credit card approved with the utmost ease.
If you have any queries, feel free to call us at 0120-411-0376 or fill up the given query form.