Complete Guide to Link Aadhaar Card with Mobile Number | 2021
In India, Aadhaar Card is the premier document for anyone, therefore, one should keep it clean and right in accordance with the information and updates. Many are there that still confront making updations in their Aadhaar Card. Thus, today in this certain blog, we have not only brought the ways to execute so but also stated the list of essential documents that will be required at the time of making the request for changes in the Aadhaar Card. Let’s plunge into the post ahead to perceive more!
Eligible Details for Updations in Aadhaar Card
Demographic and biometric information are often changed or updated in accordance with the requirement of the individual on the present Aadhaar Card such as:
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Date of Birth
- Relationship status
- Consent to share information
- Photograph or changes in the countenance
Documents Requirement for Updations in Aadhaar Card
In order to make changes to Aadhaar Card, creditable documents and additional proof are needed so as to be attached to authorize the specified changes.
- Additional proof of identity containing the name and photograph of the individual.
- Proof of address with the updated address and the name of the individual.
- Proof of date of birth.
- Proof consisting of appropriate details alongside the legal papers attached in case of the updations associated with the relationship status.
- An individual does not require printing and submitting the photocopies of the documents since the centre will demand original documents which will be scanned.
With the following table, you will be able to perceive the essential documents and available options required so as to update the details in Aadhaar Card:
Proof of Birth
Note: Aforementioned table does not consist of all the documents. In order to check the list of all the documents, you can directly visit the official website of UIDAI.
Ways to update Aadhaar Card
There are 2 ways to carry out the changes in Aadhaar Card – Online and Offline. Let’s discuss each of them comprehensively!
Online medium is the most convenient options to make changes in Aadhaar Card alongside a little association with the registered mobile number.
Using the 12-digit Aadhaar number and one-time password (OTP) which can be sent to the mobile of the individual, s/he can log in on the official portal of UIDAI. All s/he will have to do is submit the appropriate documents and proofs and execute the required updations. Following are the steps to follow to update Aadhaar Card online:
- Login to the Aadhaar self-service update portal
- Select the appropriate field that you need to modify and fill it up with the correct details then submit
- A URN (Update Request Number) will be generated after you submit the form.
- The applicant can opt for the appropriate BPO service provider for reviews of updates.
- The applicant then will have to scan and upload the specified proof, documents, and other supporting copies of the details that have to be updated.
- Use the URN to keep the track of the status of the update.
By means of this medium, a representative from PEC (Permanent Enrolment Centre) will facilitate the applicant when s/he places his/her biometric or demographic update request. There are 2 modes into offline too by means of you can update Aadhaar Card:
- Update Client Standard and Client Lite
This mode is taken into use for the purpose of updating local language, biometric fields, and demographic status. This also requires a biometric check at the backend.
- The DDSVP Committee advises the verification process which is required to be conducted manually by the UIDAI or Registrars.
- Any sort of Aadhaar update needs a biometric sign off from the Aadhaar operator who also takes care of the spelling issues, language issues, transliteration, etc.
- URN and acknowledgement receipt get issued which facilitates the individual in tracking the status of the updations made.
- Update through AUA Point of Presence
By means of this mode too, one can carry out the updations in Aadhaar Card. This update is authorised by an Authentication Requesting Agency (AUA) who is additionally the Registrar and are the custodians of the data rendered by the applicant and UIDAI.
These registrars have the authority to accumulate, produce, hold and manage certain information associated with the demographic field of the citizen. But one should also bear in mind that using this mode, only the updations associated with the Demographic Field can be executed. A few must-know things before you perform changes by means of this mode:
- AUA device will perform the biometric identification
- Additional information could also be questioned by the UIDAI
- Biometrics are going to be signed off against the request of the update
- UIDAI will only approve the update request post it is verified and authorised by the Registrar and consequently the applicant gets authenticated. The scanned, audited and electronic documents of the individual are accepted online.
- The UIDAI representative of the Registrars will fill-up the form after conducting a biometric identification on the device of the applicant.
- An acknowledgement will be conveyed through SMS or email if it is about Mobile Number which can be taken into use for further follow-up.
The End Line
To sum up, the Aadhaar Card is the foremost significant document which you possess at present, and errors in it could lift you towards unwanted troubles. Therefore, correcting or updating your details in the Aadhaar Card and matching it with your PAN is mandatory now.
You must modify details in Aadhaar Card for other reasons too. For example, if you've got not linked your Aadhaar Card for 3 consecutive years, it will be marked as inactive in accordance with the UIDAI guidelines.
Additionally, if you are seeking personal loan on aadhaar card, we have focused blog post on that too and if you are seeking to get your aadhaar card but don’t know how to carry it out so, read out our simple and quick guide on how to download aadhaar card.