Aadhaar Card is by far the most authentic identification ID recognized pan India. It has become mandatory for filing income tax returns and is also required to be linked with the PAN card. Whether it is electricity connection, bank account opening, or even loan application, Aadhaar card is a valid KYC document.
The process of application of Aadhaar card is simple. You can go to any of the Aadhaar Enrolment Centres and get it made. Even children are required to have their Aadhaar card made. This is again revised at the age of 5 years and the age of 15 years. Once you have applied for Aadhaar card, you will get intimation on your registered mobile number. The card is issued within 14 days of application, and you can download it directly from the website.
There are different ways to download the Aadhaar card.
- Download E-Aadhaar card with Aadhaar number
- Download by name and date of birth
- Download by enrolment number
- Download E-Aadhaar by Using Virtual ID
- Download Masked Aadhaar Card
- Get Aadhaar Card without mobile number
- Download Aadhaar Card in Umang App
- Download Aadhaar Card in Smartphone
Aadhaar Card Download by Aadhaar Number
The following steps will help in downloading Aadhaar card using Aadhaar number:
- Go to this link: https://uidai.gov.in/
- You will see Download Aadhaar option, or else you can directly click on this link: https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Choose “Aadhaar” option under the I Have a tab
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number; here you have the option of choosing Masked Aadhaar. This option hides a few digits of your Aadhaar number.
- To download an electronic copy of Aadhaar card, enter the captcha and click on send OTP. You will get OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP
- Complete the survey and choose “Verify and Download” to download the eAadhaar card. And you will have Aadhaar card downloaded on your laptop or computer.
Downloading Aadhaar card by Virtual ID
Virtual ID is the latest addition to the UIDAI’s portal for Aadhaar card download. You need to follow these steps for the same:
- Visit the UIDI online portal
- Click on Download Aadhaar
- Choose the VID option from I Have a section on the portal
- To download e-aadhaar card through VID, you need to enter VID, security code, full name, and pin code
- Now click on Send OTP after which an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP and authenticate the request
- Once you have done this, download the Aadhaar card
- Once you have downloaded the Aadhaar card, enter the eight digit password.
The password consists of the first four letters of your name and year of birth. For example, if someone is born in the year 1965 and has the name – Raman Mehta, then the password is RAMA1965.
Downloading e-aadhaar using Enrolment Number or EID
If you haven’t received the Aadhaar card till now or you have forgotten Aadhaar number, then you can download the Aadhaar card using the Enrolment Number or EID. These steps will help you in this process.
- Go to the official website by clicking on this link www.uidai.gov.in
- Now click on the download Aadhaar option
- This will redirect you https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Enter the 14-digital enrolment ID, time and date of application of Aadhaar card.
- Enter full name, Pin code and captcha
- Now click on Request OTP
- Once you receive the OTP, enter this OTP and click on Download Aadhaar option.
Downloading Aadhaar Card using Name and Date of Birth
You can also download Aadhaar card using Date of Birth and name-
- Click on this link to go to the official website of UIDAI https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
- Enter the details like name, mobile number, and security code
- Then Click on Send OTP
- After feeding the OTP, click on verify OTP
- You will see a pop-up window stating Aadhaar number sent on registered mobile number.
- Step 6: On Getting your Aadhaar enrolment number on your mobile, visit the e-Aadhaar page on the official UIDAI website
- Step 7: Click “I have Aadhaar” option
- Step 8: Enter Aadhaar enrolment number, full name, pin code, image captcha
- Step 9: Click “Request OTP”
- Step 10: An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter this OTP and click “Download Aadhaar” to download Aadhaar
How to Download e-Aadhaar from DigiLocker Account?
Amongst the various ways to download the Aadhaar card, this is yet another way to download it by using DigiLocker. The latter has collaborated with the UIDAI. DigiLocker is a digital platform used for issuing, storing and certifying documents and certificates in digital form. You can use the following steps to download the Aadhaar card:
- Go to https://digilocker.gov.in/index.php#no-back.
- Then you need to sign in using the 12-digital Aadhaar card number.
- Verify with OTP.
- Enter the OTP and verify this OTP.
- Issued documents appear on your screen; you can download and save it.
Downloading Masked Aadhaar
Is masked Aadhaar card different from regular Aadhaar card? The answer is not. Masked Aadhaar card is similar to a regular Aadhaar card. It is just that the masked Aadhaar card doesn't have all the numbers displayed on the card. It only has the last four digits visible to you. This is equally valid as regular Aadhaar card.
These steps will help you in downloading the masked Aadhaar card-
- Click on this link: https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- After the website opens, select Aadhaar card, EID or Enrolment ID in the Enter your Personal Details section.
- Choose Masked Aadhaar card and choose your preference section and enter other details like Name, Pin code, Aadhaar number and registered mobile number with UIDAI.
- After making the selection, click on the confirm button to receive the OTP
- Enter the OTP and click on Download Aadhaar card after completing the survey.
Download Aadhaar Card without Registered Mobile Number
Well, it is now possible to get an Aadhaar card without the registered mobile number. You can adopt the method mentioned below to download the Aadhaar card:
- You need to visit the Aadhaar portal and click on “Download Aadhaar.”
- Select the appropriate option from Aadhaar number, enrolment number and virtual ID
- Enter other details
- Select the “Send OTP to the non-registered mobile number.”
- An OTP will be sent to the number mentioned here
- Enter the OTP and fill the survey form
- Now download the Aadhaar card in your laptop/computer
Download e-Aadhaar through Umang App
Umang App is one stop platform where you can access information like EPFO account, PF balance and also Aadhaar card. This app lets you easily download the Aadhaar card; with these simple steps your work will be done:
- Download Umang App and open it
- Go to the service tab and select Aadhaar card
- Click on View Aadhaar card
- You will have a form opened in front of you
- Fill the form with complete details like name, address, date of birth and mobile number, etc.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter this OTP and click on the “Submit” button
- Your Aadhaar will be downloaded in your smartphone
How to take the print out of e-aadhaar card?
- After you have successfully downloaded the e-aadhaar card, you need to open the file.
- You will be asked to enter the 8-digit password to open the aadhaar card.
- The password will have the first four letters of your name followed by the year of birth.
- After entering the details, the Aadhaar card will be open in front of you.
- You can print the Aadhaar card.
How to Download Aadhaar card using m-Aadhaar?
m-Aadhaar is the mobile app that lets you have access to Aadhaar card on the go. All you need to do is to download this app on your smartphone, link your Aadhaar card with the app and start using it. An important point to note about m-aadhaar is that it is compatible with both Android and iOS.
- Go to Google Play store or Apple Store and download the app
- After installing the app, you will have a page opened in front of you asking for creating a password before you import Aadhaar card to this app.
- Enter the password and remember it in the future.
- The next phase is to add your profile in the mAadhaar app. The following steps will help you with the same:
- Enter your Aadhaar number or else you can scan the e-Aadhaar QR code
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- The app will auto feed the OTP
- Click on verify
- Now you have successfully created your Aadhaar profile on your m-Aadhaar app.
Linking Aadhaar to mAadhaar App
Once you are done with the above steps, you need to follow these steps that will link your Aadhaar details to your mobile phone:
- Open the mAadhaar app and enter the password that you had created earlier
- You can create a profile using Aadhaar number or the QR code
- After this, you need to verify the details.
- If the details that you provided a match, you will receive OTP.
- Enter the OTP; this usually gets auto-fed into the desired field.
- Once the OTP is entered, you will be able to see the Aadhaar profile. The appearance of that Aadhaar card is the same that you would have using the ways mentioned above.
The only good thing is that with the help of m-Aadhaar, you don’t need to carry the physical copy of the card with your everywhere. With the m-Aadhaar app, you can easily access the Aadhaar card at any place and at any time. This is by far the easiest and the best accessible way to get your Aadhaar card details.
How to check the updated status of Aadhaar card?
- You need a registered mobile number with you to get the Aadhaar card
- You will receive OTP for authentication before you could download the Aadhaar card
- OTP is a must
- OTP will only be sent to your registered mobile number, so make sure that you have your registered mobile number with you.
- There is no limitation to the number of times you can download Aadhaar card
- After downloading it, you can print by entering the password.
1. I have lost my old mobile number, and I forget to update my email ID, can I still get my Aadhaar card?
Well, you can do it online. Select the option of sending OTP to the non-registered mobile number and enter the mobile number that you are currently using.
You can also visit the nearest Aadhaar center along with your IDs and get the biometric test done. After the formalities, you will receive the Aadhaar card at your home.
2. How soon will I get the reprinted Aadhaar card?
UIDAI will send the reprinted card within 5 days of placing the request via India Post.
3. Can I download my Aadhaar card without a registered mobile number?
Yes, now it is possible to download Aadhaar card without registered mobile number. You have to select the option to send the OTP to the non-registered mobile number.
4. How many ways are there to download Aadhaar card?
You can download e-Aadhaar card from the official website of UIDAI or else you can install the m-Aadhaar app and link your Aadhaar profile to it. m-Aadhaar is one of the easiest ways to access the Aadhaar card. It’s always recommended using the official website for downloading or accessing Aadhaar card. You can also order to reprint the Aadhaar card and sending it to the registered address. Aadhaar can also be downloaded in the DigiLocker app and Umang app.
5. What is the password to open the downloaded e-Aadhaar card?
Once you have downloaded the e-Aadhaar from any of the above steps, you need to open the PDF. The PDF will ask for the password; the password is first four letters of your name and then your birth year which is mentioned in the details of Aadhaar card. For example, the user name is Sukhdev Sharma and the birth year is 1973, then the password will be SUKH1973. Remember, the password is the case–sensitive and hence you need to write it in capital letters.