Since you are here, undoubtedly, you must be coping with SBI ATM PIN generation but your hassle ends with this post. The largest commercial bank of India viz. the State Bank of India (SBI) provides a Green PIN facility to all of its customers to make it easier for them to get a new ATM PIN or change the prevailing one.
This Personal Identification Number keeps all SBI account holders secure from any unauthenticated transactions as all withdrawals, online transactions, and POS transactions are completed only post keying in this unique 4-digit PIN.
4 Ways to Generate SBI ATM PIN
There are 4 different ways to generate SBI ATM PIN which we will go through. These are stated below:
- Customer Care
- Internet Banking
Now, let’s discuss each of them in detail.
SBI ATM PIN Generation Through Customer Care
In order to generate an SBI ATM PIN by means of SBI customer care, you will have to go through the following process:
- Call on SBI customer care number (18004253800 / 1800112211 / 080-26599990).
- Choose your preferred language.
- Press ‘2’ to choose ATM and Prepaid Card Option.
- Press ‘1’ for SBI ATM PIN Generation.
- Enter your SBI ATM Card number.
- Press ‘1’ to confirm your SBI ATM Card number.
- Key in your 11-digit SBI Account Number.
- Press ‘1’ to confirm your account number.
- You’ll get an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Within 2 days, visit the nearest SBI ATM.
- Choose the ‘Banking > PIN Change’ option.
- Enter the OTP sent on your registered phone number.
- When the ATM asks to input the SBI ATM PIN. Then follow the steps left to change the SBI ATM PIN.
SBI ATM PIN Generation Through Internet Banking
To generate SBI ATM PIN using the net banking facility, you should make sure that your mobile number is updated in your account as OTP is required for concluding the method. To carry out SBI ATM PIN generation via net banking, follow the below-stated process:
- Visit the official portal of the State Bank of India.
- Log in to your net banking using your User ID and password.
- Choose ATM Card Services from the E-services tab.
- Select ATM PIN Generation.
- Enter profile password (if you have) or choose the option of Using One Time Password (OTP), then you will get OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Key in your password to confirm your identity.
- Choose the bank account to which your card is linked. The screen will appear with a list of active cards linked with your profile. Choose the appropriate card for which you want to generate the PIN.
- Key in a new PIN and confirm the same again.
- You’ll attain confirmation of generating the ATM PIN on the display of net banking, on your registered phone number, and your registered Email-ID.
Note: The process of generating/changing the PIN of SBI Credit Cards is different. You can generate or adapt your credit card PIN by means of the SBI YONO App, SBI Card Internet Banking or IVR.
SBI ATM PIN Generation Through ATM
In order to generate SBI ATM PIN by means of ATM, follow the below-stated process:
- Visit nearest SBI ATM.
- Choose the PIN generation option.
- Enter your 11-digit SBI Bank account number.
- You’d have got an OTP on your registered mobile number, enter that.
- Now, it will allow you to choose the new ATM PIN of your choice.
SBI ATM PIN Generation Through SMS
In order to generate SBI ATM PIN by means of SMS, follow the below-stated process:
- Write and send an SMS to 567676 using the format PIN <XXXX> <YYYY> from your registered mobile number.
- Here XXXX implies the last 4 digits of your SBI ATM Card while YYYY signifies the last 4 digits of your SBI Account Number.
- Once the SMS is sent, you’ll receive a One Time Password (OTP) which you can use within 2 days to generate your SBI PIN at the closest SBI ATM.
Safety Tips for Using SBI ATM PIN
SBI ATM PIN keeps the transactions secure. Thereby, it is vital that you keep this number secure. Here are a few tips to secure your unique 4-digit code:
- Never write down your SBI ATM PIN on any paper.
- Ensure to not send an email or SMS with the SBI ATM PIN to anyone.
- Since one can generate an SBI PIN at any time regardless of the situation the account holder forgets the PIN, it's best that one doesn't store this number on any sort of device.
- When keying in the SBI ATM PIN at any ATM, check your surrounding that nobody is taking a look while you are entering the PIN.
To conclude, the aforementioned ways have been discussed smoothly and in plain language to help you generate your SBI ATM PIN. Moreover, if you have any other queries related to SBI Bank such as finding SBI CIF Number or closing of SBI Credit Cards, you can read our special posts on the same.
Are you seeking an instant personal loan to meet your immediate needs? No worries! Afinoz offers instant personal loan at an attractive rate of interest. To enquire more or apply for a personal loan, get a hold of us now or fill the loan application to let us allow to get back to you soon to help you out!