How to Generate UAN? (Complete Guide)
How to Generate UAN online?
Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12 digit number, assigned to every employee contributing to EPF. Employee Provident Fund Organization assigns this number, and it will remain the same throughout life, no matter the number of job changes that may take place. Whenever there is a change in employment, the EPFO will allot a new ID that can be linked to the UAN. All the member IDs will be linked to the UAN in order to ease the process of EPF transfers and withdrawals.
#UANstatus #checkUANstatus #UANOnline #UANclaimstatus #howtogeneraetUAN #UANkyc #UANhelpdesk
#1. Steps to generate UAN from the Government's official website -
There are three ways you can generate UAN. The first is from the employer; they print the UAN number in salary slips too. The second method is through the UAN portal, and the third is through your Aadhaar number. Follow the below-mentioned steps for the same.
- Go to UAN's official website.
- Now click on ‘Know your UAN Status’.
- Now choose the state and EPFO office from the menu and enter the PF number with other details like your name, mobile number, date of birth, and captcha code. Now click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- You will receive a PIN on your registered mobile number. You need to enter the same and click on ‘Validate OTP’ and get UAN.
- The UAN will be sent to your number.
#2. Steps to generate UAN using your Aadhaar
It is possible to generate UAN, when your mobile number and Aadhaar Numbers are interlinked with each other. It helps in the verification of your KYC with an OTP. Follow the below-mentioned steps to generate UAN using Aadhaar successfully
- Visit the EPFO member portal.
- Click on “Online Aadhaar Verified UAN allotment” at the bottom right of the screen.
- Provide the Aadhaar number and generate an OTP for verification.
- You will receive an OTP on the registered mobile number.
- Now enter the OTP and agree to share the Aadhaar details with EPFO.
- Click on Submit button.
- After you submit the Aadhaar number, all the relevant details will be fetched from the Aadhar database.
- You will have to enter details like email ID, mobile number, qualification, and marital status. You now need to verify the KYC details, enter the captcha code, and click on accept and register.
- Once you do this, you will see a success message on the screen that will show your UAN.
What documents do you need to generate UAN?
In order to generate UAN successfully, you will have to keep certain documents handy. These are listed below.
- ID proof: Any national identity card like Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar, or Voter ID will work.
- Bank account details: You need to provide your account number, branch name, and IFSC code.
- Address Proof: You will have to furnish a recent utility bill in your name, ration card, lease agreement or any ID proof that has your address.
- Aadhaar Card: Your Aadhaar Number is linked to the bank account and your phone number, hence, it is mandatory.
- PAN Card: Your PAN number should be linked to your UAN account.
Steps to activate UAN and login to the website
Once you generate UAN, you need to enable it to log in to the EPFO website. Follow the below-mentioned steps for UAN Activation.
- Go to the EPFO website, and click on ‘For Employees’ under the head ‘Our Services’.
- Now click on Member UAN under the services tab.
- Provide your UAN, PF member ID, and mobile number.
- Now enter the captcha code.
- Click on ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
- You will get the PIN on your mobile number.
- Now click on ‘I Agree’ and enter the OTP that you have received on the mobile number.
- Click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
- Once it is activated, you will get a password on the mobile number.
- This password will give you access to your account.
- You can change the password when you log in to the portal.
- UAN activation process is now complete.
Benefits of UAN to employers
- UAN helps centralize the data of all employees in India.
- It reduces the burden of employee verification from employers.
- Bank account details and KYC of any member can be retrieved through an EPFO account.
- It is easy to learn about the employment history of the employee.
Benefits of UAN to employees
There are several benefits for employees who have a UAN. These benefits are elaborated below.
- Any new PF account with a new job will be under one unified account.
- Withdrawals become easy and convenient.
- Employees can use UAN login to transfer the PF balance from an old account to the new account using the UAN number.
- Employees can download the UAN login passbook with ease and have their account details on their fingertips.
- UAN makes sure that employers do not withhold the PF money of employees.
- Employees can check if their employers are regularly depositing in the account.
- There is no requirement for validation of the profile if the UAN number is already linked with Aadhaar.
UAN is very important for employers and employees, and it adds security and convenience of use for both the parties.