In a Democratic Country election plays a crucial role to form a Government, and as per the adult suffrage, the people select their representatives in their constituency. Voter ID Card is a critical tool that citizens of a country use to elect a government. This card is assigned by the Election Commissioner of India to the people of India, who have attained the age of 18. So, if you have reached 18 years of age, apply for your Voter Id Card.
Earlier, the Card was issued in a conventional manner, where an applicant had to visit the respective Government agency to apply , but the fast pace of life changed the scenario and enabled the people to download Voter ID card via online method.
Why Change in Conventional method to Digital one?
The above method took a lot of time and resources to generate the Voter ID Card, and the convenience for the people was not effective. However, the latter method reduced both time and resources and offered comprehensive convenience to the people. Through this process, the citizen of India can apply online and further can check Voter ID Card status. The entire method for checking the Voter ID Card status is quite simple and easy, and is prepared for the solace of the people.
What are the required conditions need to be fulfilled for online registration?
- You must be a citizen of India.
- You need to have attained the age of 18, as per the date, prescribed by the Election Commissioner of India.
- You should be a resident of the constituency, where you would want to caste your vote.
- The final one, you should not be disqualified by an Election Commission.
These are the minimum requirements to be fulfilled by an individual to be electoral. If you fulfill such requirements, then get ready to apply for a Voter ID Card through an Online Platform. However, if you want to check your name enlisted in the Voter list via Voter ID Card check process, then go for the quick search and process for the same are described below.
Quick and Easy Steps to Check the name in the Voters List via basic details
- First and foremost, visit the official website of National Voters’ Service Portal, and click on the search button. However, you can click on the link featured here, to get access of the website https://electoralsearch.in/
- The above link will direct you to the Voters Information page and here, you will have to provide your basic details such as name, father’s name, age, state, district, and assembly constituency. After filling the details, solve the CAPTCHA and then click on the ‘Search’ button.
Quick ways to check the name in the Voter List via Serial Number
On the off chance, if you have got the Voter ID, then you can use the serial number to check the name and for your solace, the detailed method is listed below.
- Open the new tab in the browser.
- Click on the link mentioned below to reach the official website of National Voters’ Service Portal https://www.nvsp.in/
- Now move to the left end of the page, and click on the box stating ‘Search your name in an electoral roll’.
- After clicking on the search box, a new page will open with a dialog box, click on the ‘Continue’ button to proceed further.
- At the top of the page, you will get two features, one ‘Search by details’ that process is already mentioned in the above stanza and the other is ‘Search by EPIC No.’, click on it.
- Now, enter your EPIC No, which is present in the Voter ID Card and then enter your respective State and Code.
- After filling the details, click on the ‘Search’ button.
- You are all done; soon you will get a new page which will flash the entire details of the Voter ID Card.
If you find your name in the list, then skip further method as you are already listed. However, if you didn’t find your name in the Voters list, then get prepared to fill a Voter ID Card Form via Online method. Voter ID Card Online process is an easy task and within a quick span of time, it will generate the Card. The detailed steps for the same are provided below.
A comprehensive and effective method to apply for Voter ID Card via Online Method
- First of all, visit the official page of National Voters’ Service Page by clicking on the link https://www.nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/form6.
- After clicking on the above-mentioned link, it will direct you to the Form 6 page where you will have to fill the basic details.
- Fill the form carefully and then attach the relevant documents such as photo, age proof, and residential proof. After attaching the documents, read the declaration carefully and click on the box provided below on the page, which states that you agree with the declaration.
- Now, click on the ‘Submit’ button to proceed further.
- Thereafter, you will receive the reference ID which can be used further for relevant purposes. With this ID, you can get to know about the current Voter ID Card Status.
- That’s it, you are all done.
- If in case, you are an overseas voter, and want to go for the Voter ID Card online process, then you will have to fill the form 6A. The detailed steps are listed beneath which will help you to accomplish the task effects
For Overseas Voter
- Open the official website of National Voters’ Service Page by clicking on the official link https://www.nvsp.in/
- Now, scroll down the page and select a section ‘Apply online for registration of overseas voter’, beneath the same section, you will get a link ‘Form 6A’ click on it.
- Thereafter, a new page will open and your job is to fill the respective field by entering the details, such as Name, State, Assembly Constituency, Gender, etc.
- After filling the details, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Soon, you will receive the reference ID, note down the same for future purpose.
After applying for the Voter ID Card, you will have to wait for few days for the verification. However, you can track the status of the Voter ID Card through the following method and the same are listed below.
How to check the status of the Voter ID Card Online?
- Visit the official website of National Voters’ Service Portal by clicking on the link https://www.nvsp.in/
- Scroll down the page and select ‘Track Application Status’, beneath the section, you will find a link ‘Application Status’ click on it.
- Now, enter the reference ID which you have received after filling the online form and further click on ‘Track Status’.
On the off chance, if you had done any mistake amid the filling of Voter ID Card form online, then you don’t have to get worried as the online method provide an option to amend the details in quick ways. So, if you are looking for the same process, then go through the below mentioned steps.
How to change the details in the electoral rolls?
- To make the changes in the electoral rolls, you will have to open the official page of National Voters’ Service Portal and for the same, you can click on the link mentioned here https://www.nvsp.in/
- In the home page, you will find several features, just scroll down the page and select the section ‘Correction of entries in electoral rolls’ and beneath the same, you will get an icon featuring ‘Form 8’, click on it.
- Now, fill the details carefully and then enter the CAPTCHA in the prescribed box.
- After completing the above step, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- That’s it, your task is done.
However, if you are wondering to go for the Voter ID Card download process, then it is not possible as the Voter ID Card has a barcode inscribed in it and this is a unique one. So, you can’t get the same via online method, but you can check the details of the Voter ID Card.
How to change the address in the Voter ID Card via Online method?
This process requires the supporting document, i.e. your current address in the correct form and also you will have to fill the form 8. The entire process is simple and the steps for the same are described beneath.
- Visit the official website of National Voters’ Service Portal by clicking on the link https://www.nvsp.in/
- In the home page, you will get a Form 8 under the section ‘Correction of entries in an electoral roll’, click on it.
- Thereafter, you will find a new page which will show several blank fields, fill the same with correct details such as name, address, constituency, phone number, email ID and more.
- After filling the details, attach the address proof document such as Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Ration Card, Telephone Bill, Gas Connection Bill, Income Tax Assessment Order, Driving License and Passport.
- After enclosing the document, go through with the declaration and then enter the Place name and Date of apply.
- Now, solve the CAPTCHA and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
This was the process to change the address in the Voter ID Card online process. If in case, you don’t have sufficient resources and want to go for the offline method, then the method for the same is listed below, just go through the same.
How to change the address in the Voter ID Card via offline method?
- First and foremost, visit the nearby electoral office and collect the Form 8.
- Now, fill the form carefully and enclose the address proof documents such as Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, Water Bill, etc.
- After filling the form, attach the document with Form 8 and then hand it over to the electoral officer and he will give you a receipt which contains the reference number.
- Through this reference number, you can track down the status of the Voter ID Card.
- After the verification of your form and attached document, your Card will be generated and you can collect the same from the electoral office where you have submitted the Form 8.
Well, it is quite obvious that the document is lost, theft or stolen. So, if your Voter ID Card is lost, then don’t get panic as there is an option to get a new one but for that, you will have to apply for the Duplicate one.
Duplicate Voter ID Card apply via online method
Voter ID Card applies online enables you to apply for a duplicate card and for the same, visit the official website of National Voters’ Service Portal.
- In the home page, you will get a Form 001 located at the left end of the page under the section ‘Application for issue of Replacement Elector’s Photo Identity Card’, click on it.
- Thereafter, a new page will open and here, you will have to fill the blank fields. In the ‘To’ section you will have to provide the details of State, District, Assembly/Parliamentary Constituency
- Now move to the ‘Mandatory Particulars’ and in this section, you will have to provide your basic details, such as Name, Father’s Name, Age and Gender.
- After completing the above process, move to the ‘Address’ section and provide your full address.
- The last section, which gives you a way to receive duplicate Voter ID and for the same, you will have to click on the radio button which fulfills your needs, such as collect EPIC from VRS, want to receive EPIC via post and the last option, collect EPIC from BLO.
- Thereafter, move to the ‘Declaration’ section and enter the Place name and Date and then click on the ‘Submit’ button.
That was the online process if you want to go for the offline method and then adhere to the below-mentioned steps carefully.
Duplicate Voter ID Card apply via Offline method
- Visit the nearest Electoral office and collect the EPIC Form 001 for making the Voter ID card
- Now, fill the form with the required details and make sure to enter the correct entities.
- After filling the form attach the relevant documents needed and handover the same to the electoral officer. The documents should be FIR Copy of the lost Voter ID, Address Proof, Identity Proof and photographs (passport sized).
- The officer will provide you the reference number which will help you to track the status of the Voter ID Card.
- After the verification of the form and the documents, your duplicate Voter ID Card will be issued and you can collect the same from the electoral office.
- That’s it, all done.
On the off chance, if you got the Voter ID Card long days back and now want to change the update the photo in the Voter ID Card, then it is possible. Yes, you heard it right. The process is very simple and you can do it in online mode.
An effective way to update the Photo in the Voter ID Card via Online method
- Go to the official website of the National Voters’ Service Portal y clicking on the link https://www.nvsp.in/
- Scroll down the home page and move to the section ‘Correction of entries in electoral rolls’. Here, you will find a button indicating ‘Form 8’, click on it.
- Thereafter, a form will appear and you will have to fill the same with the relevant details such as Name, Gender, Age, Constituency, etc.
- After filling the details, move to the ‘correction’ section and click on the radio button of ‘My Photo’.
- Now, further fill the details such as Address, Date of Birth, etc and then attach your recent color passport sized photograph.
- After uploading the photo, enter your email address and phone number.
- At last, head over to the ‘Declaration’ section and enter the place name and date.
- Now, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Soon, you will receive a confirmation message to your email ID and registered mobile number.
- The message will provide the reference number and through this, you can track the status.
- You will find the correction in the next voter’s list.
Now, you may wonder why Voter ID Card is so unique and what its features are. Well, here you will get to know everything about the same and will build up the knowledge related to the Voter ID Card.
What are the unique features of the Voter ID Card?
A Voter ID Card is issued by the Government Agency, i.e. Election Commission of India and the organization is the constitutional body. So, it gives you a personal identity in India and apart from casting a vote in the election, this card serves as the ID proof and can be used in various purposes. Now, go through the below-mentioned points to know what all the features are inscribed in the Voter ID Card.
- A bar code on the right end of the Voter ID Card
- Serial Number on the left-end of the Voter ID Card
- Photo at the center
- Below the Photo, you will find the basic details such as Name and Father’s Name
- At the back side of the Voter ID Card, you will find the additional details, such as Gender, Age, Address and issue date.
What are the benefits of Voter ID Card?
It gives you a personal identity and also serves as an address proof. The Voter ID Card gives you an authority to cast the vote in the General Election and the respective State Election. Though the former process will give you an opportunity to elect a Member of Parliament in your constituency and the latter enable you to select the Member of Legislature in the State Legislature in the respective constituency.
- As mentioned earlier, the Voter ID Card retains several features such as Name, Photo, Age, Address, etc which gives an identity of Nationality.
- The Voter ID card helps to sustain the proxy in the election, as a voter can cast only one vote in the Election and thus prevents the multiple voting and hence offer transparency in the Democracy.
So, these were the benefits of the Voter ID Card. However, if in case, you have shifted to another place permanently and need to change the address, then don’t worry as the Voter ID Card online process enables you to perform such task efficiently. The process for the same is mentioned below.
That’s it, all done. On the off chance, if you got the Voter ID Card long days back and now want to change the update the photo in the Voter ID Card, then it is possible. Yes, you heard it right. The process is very simple and you can do it in online mode.
These were useful information related to the Voter ID Card. A stated earlier, this card plays a crucial role in Democracy. The citizen of India gets the authority to choose the Government via Election. The constitution of India has given the right to every India to cast a vote who have attained the age of 18.
How Voting is Impactful?
Voting is the only tool of the Indians to change the representatives in the Union/States. Through this tool they can choose such candidates who can fulfill their needs, that’s why every five-year election is conducted and people get a chance to choose the right candidate as their representatives. This is a unique feature of the Democracy and same is not applied to those countries where Monarchial system is applied, their people can’t choose their representatives and they don’t have such power to change the Government. So, every citizen of India must cast their vote to select the right candidate who can take our Nation to another level in the field of Economy, Defense, and Foreign Relation. Nation Building comprises of many things such as Irrigation, Agriculture, Industry, Foreign Direct Investment and much more. To perform such development in these sectors, the Government makes policies and regulates the same. So, every citizen of India must participate in the Nation Building by choosing the right candidate in the election by voting.
How to cast a vote without Voter ID Card?
However, if in case, any citizen of India didn’t have the Voter ID Card, then also they can cast their vote through other documents such as Passport, Driving License, Aadhar Card, Bank Passbook with an enclosed photograph, Pan Card, and more. But, this is a temporary phase. So, every citizen of India must get a Voter ID Card. There are various methods for the same and the person can choose the online or offline method as per their convenience. The process is also easy and is made for the solace of the people so that they can get the Voter ID Card without any inconvenience.
What is the Passport Fee in India?
- Replacement of lost, damaged or stolen passport (36 pages): Rs.3,000/-
- Replacement of lost, damaged or stolen passport (60 pages):Rs.3,500/-
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC):Rs.500/-