Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a statutory body which was constituted by the Government of India to regulate the proceedings related to Employees’ Provident Fund and post-retirement benefits like pension and life insurance.
Through its digital platform, a registered member can apply, withdraw, and track the current status of their Provident Fund account with ease. This platform can be accessed using user-id i.e. Universal Account Number (UAN) and their password, which you can create yourself with few clicks. This blog will help you check the details for the EPFO Login portal and let you know the procedure to verify your claim status and member balance with ease and convenience.
Here, we will talk about;
- How to access EPFO login for Members through website?
- And we will also answer several other questions.
Steps to Login to EPFO Member Portal
The following are the steps, through which you can log in to EPFO Member Portal.
1. EPFO Login for employees
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) provides three major social security schemes critical to the salaried citizens of our country, to employees who work in the registered organizations and establishments. The employee gets the following facilities under this:
- Access to EPF member passbook & the EPF member balance
- Find out your claim status
- Online grievance management
- Portal for pensioners
- Helpdesk for in-operative pensioners
- First, the employees should visit the EPFO website
- Under "Our Services" on the menu tab, click on "For Employees". It will redirect you to the For Employees page.
- Under the "Services", Click on the "Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)".
You will then get redirected to the member interface page where you can log in using your UAN and Password. The member should also enter the captcha code given below, to make a successful login.
- Next, the employee must click on ‘Sign In’.
- The next page will lead to the employee’s EPFO portal. Employees can update their Know Your Customer (KYC) details, claim their PF amount, check their PF balance, and transfer their PF amount on the EPFO portal.
2. EPFO Login for employers
- First, the member needs to visit the EPFO websites
- Under "Our Services" on the menu tab, click on "For Employers". It will redirect you to the For Employers page.
- Under the "Services", Click on the "Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTP)".
- You will then get redirected to the member interface page where you can log in using your UAN and Password. The member should also enter the captcha code given below, to make a successful login.
What are the several steps to Register for the EPFO Member Portal?
It's easy and simple to log in to the EPF account, once the account is activated using the user id and password. Following the steps mentioned below, you will be able to successfully log in to your EPFO account:
- You can start with opening the EPF portal at EPFO Login Portal
- Fill in the details as provided by the EPFO
- For the registration process, enter the details as provided to the EPFO like the UAN, Member ID, PAN, Name, Date of Birth and Mobile number
- Once you have completed the registration process, you can now log in to your account
- While logging in, you will be required to choose whether you want to use your PAN or UAN
- Make sure you cross-check all the details before getting a PIN
- Once you are done, you will get an authorization PIN on your registered email and mobile number
- Once you enter the PIN, you will receive an intimation that you have been registered on the portal
What happens if I forget my account password?
In our busy routines and internet-oriented lifestyles, it might not be a surprise that one ends up forgetting a password or two. One might forget their UAN account password. Well, in that case you can reset the password of your UAN member account on the EPF portal by following the steps mentioned below:
- You can recover the password by clicking on the forget password to which is present below the login option.
- You will be able to access this information only when your KYC details are integrated with the EPF account.
- Make sure that you complete the formalities.
- Submit the basic details and send an OTP to the registered mobile number
- Enter this OTP to activate your account
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation provides a unique UAN to all its members, a member is required to submit the documents as prescribed under the ‘Know Your Customer’ rules. The members are required to link their UAN with respective KYC documents like Aadhar card or other identifying documents.
There are certain processes that require pre-verification and proper due diligence in order to approve of the same. The verification process becomes easier if the account is linked with the KYC documents and requires no approval from the employer for any action taken in the account.
Steps to upload your KYC documents –
One needs to upload these documents only after they get their UAN activated as these documents are linked specifically to member’s UAN.
- Log on to UAN member e-SEWA page and login with your credentials
- Once logged in, select the Manage option from the menu
- Manage button provides a drop-down menu, click on ‘KYC’ from the list
- Next page shows the list of prescribed ‘KYC documents’, one can choose the type according to their convenience
- Once the checkbox is ticked, one needs to provide the document number & the name as per the document, and save it
- After the upload is complete, the status is displayed as ‘KYC pending for approval’, which means the document has been uploaded successfully
- Now, the employer would require to approve of the same and the changes will reflect in your account
- If a member has registered for the SMS service, one will receive a SMS shortly after the document is approved
Embedding KYC details with EPFO –
An employer digitally attests the documents received at the EPFO portal. After the approval from the Employer’s account, EPFO treats the KYC documents for any mismatch or discrepancy, once approved, the organization treats the document as fair and at par with the requirements.
If a member’s documents are rejected under any case, one can contact the EPFO customer care at 1800 118 005, or can write a mail to email@example.com
Use EPFO WhatsApp helpline to resolve your EPF account problems
As per the press release issued by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, in addition to the web-based EPFiGMS portal, CPGRAMS and social media pages (Facebook & Twitter), WhatsApp helpline will also be functional in all 138 regional offices of EPFO for users to register grievance and seek guidance on any queries relating to services offered by EPFO. Users can send a WhatsApp message to the helpline number of the concerned regional office where his/her PF account is held. Different WhatsApp numbers are allocated for different branch offices.
For example, to send a WhatsApp message to your regional office in Central Delhi, you can use WhatsApp number 8178457507 and for South Delhi the WhatsApp helpline number is 9717547174. You can access the complete list of dedicated WhatsApp helpline number here.
How to find your EPFO regional office
It is important to know which regional office you have your EPF account with, so that you can send texts to the right WhatsApp helpline number. Here are the steps to locate the regional office.
- Step 1: Visit https://www.epfindia.gov.in
- Step 2: Select ‘For Employees’ under the service tab.
- Step 3: You will be redirected to a new page. Select Establishment Search under the Service Tab.
- Step 4: Enter details like Name of Establishment, Code Number and Captcha and click Search in the new page. The details of your EPFO regional office will open.
Note: Establishment is the organisation you are working for and even if you don’t have the establishment code of your organisation, you can search through the establishment name.
Ques. How to transfer EPF online?
As long as the EPF transfers are concerned, any member can visit the EPFO member portal and login to their account. Once they switch jobs, they only need to get their UAN linked with the new employer and the balance is transferred accordingly.
Ques. How to check EPF grievance status?
As long as the grievances are related to internal administration of accounts and balances, a subscriber can easily register their queries with the EPFO grievance management system by filling a simple online form describing the issue they are facing which might be related to transfer of funds, pension settlements, and others.
Ques. How to upload documents supporting EPF account?
A new subscriber is required to attach and upload documents related to individual identity and employment status. Any person can upload their basic documents and get them duly attested by their employer, as long as the employer does not attest or approve the documents, the account status is set to pending.
Ques. Who can be a member of EPFO?
Any person who is employed and receives salary/wages in return is eligible for EPF subscription, as long as the employer is registered with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization. Also, the person employed through a contract via third party contractor are also eligible for EPF subscription as long as the number of employees is above 20 at any given time.
Ques. How to apply for correction in my KYC or member account details?
At the time of information update or for any significant changes in your member account, one can log on to EPFO member portal. Once logged in, the option to update the name, date of birth and the gender including other documents is provided in the menu on the page.
Ques. I am an employee, how can I make EPFO login?
If you are an employee, to perform EPFO login, you can follow the below-stated steps: 1. Visit the EPFO website. 2. Click 'For Employees' under 'Our services' menu tab. You'll be redirected to employees' page. 3. Click on the "Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)" under the menu tab 'Services'. 4. You'll be redirected to the member interface page. 5. Input your UAN and password. 6. Enter the Captcha. 7. Click on 'Sign in'. That is all to perform EPFO login.
Ques. How to register before performing EPFO login for employees?
Follow the below-stated steps to register on EPFO member portal: 1. Visit the 'EPFO login portal'. 2. Input the details as given by the EPFO. 3. Once you are done with the registration process, you can make your first EPFO login. 4. Whilst logging in, you'll need to pick whether you want to use your PAN or UAN. 5. Ensure you confirm all the information prior to getting a PIN. 6. Once you're done, you'll receive an authorization PIN on your registered email ID and mobile number. 7. Once you input the PIN, you'll get an intimation that you've successfully registered on the unified member portal.
Ques. My employer registered and created my User ID and Password for EPFO login portal but they forgot, now what do I do?
You can ask your employer to perform the below-mentioned steps to figure out your user ID and password: 1. Visit the employer's EPFO login portal. 2. Click on the link titled 'Forgot Password?'. 3. A pop up will ask for the employer's establishment ID, input it. 4. After that input the user ID/ primary mobile number/ primary e-mail ID. Click on 'submit'. 5. An SMS will come, which will let you login to the employee's EPFO member portal.
Ques. How can I activate my UAN through EPFO login page?
In order to activate your UAN, you should have your UAN, Mobile and Member ID with you, after that you can simply adhere to the following steps: 1. Visit the UAN based EPFO Member Portal. 2. Enter your UAN, mobile number and Member ID. 3. After submitting, you’ll get a PIN, input it and submit. 4. Your details associated with your UAN will be verified. 5. After the verification, enter user name (UAN). 6. Create your password. 7. You have successfully registered for UAN portal. EPFO login for employer
Ques. Is it necessary for the employers to register for their businesses on EPFO portal?
Effected from April 1, 2012, any employer who wants to make any remittance, can only do after generating challan from the employer EPFO portal. So, yes, it is necessary to register and do EPFO login for employer.
Ques. How to shape password to make EPFO login for employers?
Regardless of employer and employee, you should create a robust password. You should create password only while activating your profile on EPFO member portal. Your password should be alphanumeric, should consist of at least 1 special character and a total of 8-25 characters. Some of the special characters are @#%&*^. EPFO login online
Ques. What facilities can be availed through EPFO login online?
You can avail the following facilities from the UAN driven EPFO member portal: 1. Passbook downloading. 2. UAN card downloading. 3. List previous member IDs. 4. Input KYC details. 5. Check eligibility for transfer claim online. 6. Edit personal information.
Ques. How can I do EPFO login with OTP?
There is no way to perform EPFO login with OTP. You will have to login using your UAN and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can choose the option of ‘Forgot Password’.
Ques. I am an employer; how can I change the profile details of my establishment?
To modify the fundamental details of your entity in the EPFO records, you can visit the EPFO login employer page. After logging in, click on ‘Edit profile’ under the ‘Profile’ menu. Modify the data that you want to do and click on ‘Get PIN’ to receive SMS on your primary mobile number. Input the received PIN and click ‘Update Profile’. The confirmation message of the update will be sent to your registered mobile number by means of SMS.