Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is a statutory body which was constituted by the Government of India to regulate the proceedings related to Employees’ Provident Fund and post-retirement benefits like pension and life insurance.
Through its digital platform, a registered member can apply, withdraw, and track the current status of their Provident Fund account with ease. This platform can be accessed using user-id i.e. Universal Account Number (UAN) and their password, which you can create yourself with few clicks. This blog will help you check the details for the EPFO Login portal and let you know the procedure to verify your claim status and member balance with ease and convenience.
Here, we will talk about;
- How to access EPFO login for Members through website?
- And we will also answer several other questions.
Steps to Login to EPFO Member Portal
The following are the steps, through which you can log in to EPFO Member Portal.
1. EPFO Login for employees
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) provides three major social security schemes critical to the salaried citizens of our country, to employees who work in the registered organizations and establishments. The employee gets the following facilities under this:
- Access to EPF member passbook & the EPF member balance
- Find out your claim status
- Online grievance management
- Portal for pensioners
- Helpdesk for in-operative pensioners
- First, the employees should visit the EPFO website
- Under "Our Services" on the menu tab, click on "For Employees". It will redirect you to the For Employees page.
- Under the "Services", Click on the "Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)".
You will then get redirected to the member interface page where you can log in using your UAN and Password. The member should also enter the captcha code given below, to make a successful login.
- Next, the employee must click on ‘Sign In’.
- The next page will lead to the employee’s EPFO portal. Employees can update their Know Your Customer (KYC) details, claim their PF amount, check their PF balance, and transfer their PF amount on the EPFO portal.
2. EPFO Login for employers
- First, the member needs to visit the EPFO websites
- Under "Our Services" on the menu tab, click on "For Employers". It will redirect you to the For Employers page.
- Under the "Services", Click on the "Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTP)".
- You will then get redirected to the member interface page where you can log in using your UAN and Password. The member should also enter the captcha code given below, to make a successful login.
What are the several steps to Register for the EPFO Member Portal?
It's easy and simple to log in to the EPF account, once the account is activated using the user id and password. Following the steps mentioned below, you will be able to successfully log in to your EPFO account:
- You can start with opening the EPF portal at EPFO Login Portal
- Fill in the details as provided by the EPFO
- For the registration process, enter the details as provided to the EPFO like the UAN, Member ID, PAN, Name, Date of Birth and Mobile number
- Once you have completed the registration process, you can now log in to your account
- While logging in, you will be required to choose whether you want to use your PAN or UAN
- Make sure you cross-check all the details before getting a PIN
- Once you are done, you will get an authorization PIN on your registered email and mobile number
- Once you enter the PIN, you will receive an intimation that you have been registered on the portal
What happens if I forget my account password?
In our busy routines and internet-oriented lifestyles, it might not be a surprise that one ends up forgetting a password or two. One might forget their UAN account password. Well, in that case you can reset the password of your UAN member account on the EPF portal by following the steps mentioned below:
- You can recover the password by clicking on the forget password to which is present below the login option.
- You will be able to access this information only when your KYC details are integrated with the EPF account.
- Make sure that you complete the formalities.
- Submit the basic details and send an OTP to the registered mobile number
- Enter this OTP to activate your account
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation provides a unique UAN to all its members, a member is required to submit the documents as prescribed under the ‘Know Your Customer’ rules. The members are required to link their UAN with respective KYC documents like Aadhar card or other identifying documents.
There are certain processes that require pre-verification and proper due diligence in order to approve of the same. The verification process becomes easier if the account is linked with the KYC documents and requires no approval from the employer for any action taken in the account.
Steps to upload your KYC documents –
One needs to upload these documents only after they get their UAN activated as these documents are linked specifically to member’s UAN.
- Log on to UAN member e-SEWA page and login with your credentials
- Once logged in, select the Manage option from the menu
- Manage button provides a drop-down menu, click on ‘KYC’ from the list
- Next page shows the list of prescribed ‘KYC documents’, one can choose the type according to their convenience
- Once the checkbox is ticked, one needs to provide the document number & the name as per the document, and save it
- After the upload is complete, the status is displayed as ‘KYC pending for approval’, which means the document has been uploaded successfully
- Now, the employer would require to approve of the same and the changes will reflect in your account
- If a member has registered for the SMS service, one will receive a SMS shortly after the document is approved
Embedding KYC details with EPFO –
An employer digitally attests the documents received at the EPFO portal. After the approval from the Employer’s account, EPFO treats the KYC documents for any mismatch or discrepancy, once approved, the organization treats the document as fair and at par with the requirements.
If a member’s documents are rejected under any case, one can contact the EPFO customer care at 1800 118 005, or can write a mail to email@example.com
EPF Top Page
Use EPFO WhatsApp helpline to resolve your EPF account problems
As per the press release issued by the Ministry of Labour and Employment, in addition to the web-based EPFiGMS portal, CPGRAMS and social media pages (Facebook & Twitter), WhatsApp helpline will also be functional in all 138 regional offices of EPFO for users to register grievance and seek guidance on any queries relating to services offered by EPFO. Users can send a WhatsApp message to the helpline number of the concerned regional office where his/her PF account is held. Different WhatsApp numbers are allocated for different branch offices.
For example, to send a WhatsApp message to your regional office in Central Delhi, you can use WhatsApp number 8178457507 and for South Delhi the WhatsApp helpline number is 9717547174. You can access the complete list of dedicated WhatsApp helpline number here.
How to find your EPFO regional office
It is important to know which regional office you have your EPF account with, so that you can send texts to the right WhatsApp helpline number. Here are the steps to locate the regional office.
- Step 1: Visit https://www.epfindia.gov.in
- Step 2: Select ‘For Employees’ under the service tab.
- Step 3: You will be redirected to a new page. Select Establishment Search under the Service Tab.
- Step 4: Enter details like Name of Establishment, Code Number and Captcha and click Search in the new page. The details of your EPFO regional office will open.
Note: Establishment is the organisation you are working for and even if you don’t have the establishment code of your organisation, you can search through the establishment name.