State Bank Of Travancore Education Loan
State Bank of Travancore (SBT) education loan helps the brilliant students having good educational track records to pursue higher education and technical courses in India and abroad.
The old name of State Bank of Travancore (SBT) was Travancore Bank Ltd. In 1959 it was associated with State Bank of India and become a member of the State Bank Group, the largest banking group in India.
Features and Benefits of SBT Loan: The main aim of the (State Bank of Travancore) SBT education loan is to support meritorious students financially so that they can pay their tuition fee and other expenses like books, stationary fee. With the help of SBT education loan you can meet your all funding requirements for the higher education for you are planning for a long time
Rate of Interest of SBT: SBT Education Loan rate of interest is bellow
- SBT education loan with limit upto Rs. 4 lacs Interest rate ranges from 10.35% to 13.70%
- SBT education loan limit between Rs. 4 lacs – 7.50 lacs Interest rate ranges from 10.35% to 12.70%
- SBT education loan limit Rs. 7.5 lacs & above Interest rate ranges from 10.35% to 11.70%
There is no processing fee for studies in India.
For having studies from abroad
Upto Rs.4 lacs - 0.5% of loan amount.
Above Rs.4 lacs - 0.4% of loan amount.
Repayment time Period:
The tenure of education loans ranges from 10 to 15 years. Repayment of the loan amount is to begin within 1 year of completion of the course or else after 6 month when the applicant get the job.
Eligibility for SBT Education Loan:
Studies in India:
- Educational courses like CA, CFA, and ICWA.
- Govt. / UGC/ AICTE/ AIBMS/ ICMR recognized universities and college for the Post Graduation, Graduation and PG diploma courses.
- Courses offered by IIMs, IITs, Isis, NID, XLRI, NIFT etc.
- Reputed foreign universities in India offering approved courses.
- Regular degree and diploma courses like pilot training, shipping, Nursing, Aeronautical form India.
Studies in abroad:
- Courses provided by CIMA-London, CPA in USA, etc.
- Job based professional and technical courses from reputed universities and college.
- Post-graduation in MBA, MCA, etc.
- Regular degree and diploma courses like pilot training, shipping and Aeronautical.
To avail the education loan facility using Afinoz.com, the basic necessities are to qualify loan application. And to qualify it following things are required.
- SBT offers its education loan only to the Indian residents. NRIs are not eligible for the SBT education loan.
- For professional and technical courses candidate should secured admission through entrance test or merit basis conducted by Gov. Agency and university.
- A minimum mark aggregate is of 60% for the students to avail the SBT education loan.
- One the merit basis students selected for admission in any foreign university.
Note: Banks that provide student loans may request more documents and proof.