Bank of Baroda (BOB) is an Indian multinational banking and financial services institution. It offers a wide range of banking products and services including loans, credit and debit cards, etc.
Home loans help you buy a house without massive down payments. Bank of Baroda offers attractive interest rates, longer tenure, and higher loan amounts. BOB also provides balance transfer of existing loan and top-up loan facility to the borrowers.
Features & Benefits of BOB Home loan
Bank of Baroda (BOB) offers different kinds of home loan products: Baroda Home Loan, Baroda Pre-Approved Home Loan, Home Improvement Loan, Credit Risk Guarantee Fund Scheme for Low Income Housing (CRGFS), Baroda Top-UP Loan, Baroda Home Loan Suraksha Personal Loan, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY).
- BOB offers Home Loans at attractive interest rates irrespective of the loan amount, tenure, profession, etc.
- BOB also provides free Credit Card (BOBCARD) for the first year to all first-time home loan borrowers, with a loan limit of Rs. 2 lacs and above.
- The home loan borrowers get a concession of 0.25% interest rate on car loans.
- Borrowers can get top-up on their home loans up to 5 times during loan tenure. The minimum top-up loan amount is Rs.1 lac and the maximum amount is Rs.200 lacs or 75% of residual value of house property after subtraction of 150% of an outstanding loan amount of existing home loan, whichever is lower.
- Free personal accident insurance with every home loan.
- Longer tenure up to 30 Years.
- The higher amount of eligibility.
- BOB offers both fixed and floating interest rates on a home loan.
- The home loan sanctioned is linked to your savings bank account. The interest rate on a home loan is calculated on the basis of the daily outstanding balance in your loan account. The savings bank account is linked to your loan account for ease of operations. Bank disburses the loan amount into your savings account and you are supposed to repay the installments of your loan account from the savings bank account.
Checkout Our Other Home Loans:-
Bank of Baroda Home Loan Eligibility Criteria
Bank of Baroda issues home loan to resident Indians and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) holding passport or persons of Indian origin (PIO) holding foreign passport.
- The borrower must be 21-year old when the loan is sanctioned
- The entire loan must be repaid before or at 65 years of age
- The maximum repayment period is 30 years
Bank of Baroda Home Loan
|From Rs. 20 lacs to Rs. 10 crores
|Home loan tenure
|Up to 30 years
|0.5% up to 1% of the loan amount
|Loan to Value (LTV)
|Pre-payment of a Home Loan
Bank of Baroda Home Loan Document Required
Getting a home loan from Bank of Baroda is easy and quick; the borrowers are required to complete minimum paperwork and other formalities. Some key documents like proof of identity, address and income are required to be submitted for BOB Home Loan.
- Identity proof: Voter’s ID/Passport/Driving License/PAN
- Passport-type photographs
- Income proof for salaried persons: salary slips for the past 6 months, Form 16 for the past2 years, bank statement for the past 6 months showing salary credited
- ITR for the last 2 years
- Business proof for self-employed: VAT/ Service Tax registration, business address proof, profit & loss account balance sheet certified/ audited by CA
- Property papers: Allotment letter, Sales deed, Possession letter, latest Property Tax receipts, copy of approved plan for constructions
Bank of Baroda Home Loan Interest Rates
Bank of Baroda Home Loan Interest Rate
The interest rates for Bank of Baroda Home Loan products are as follows:
|Baroda Home Loan and Home Improvement Loan
|1-year MCLR +1%, depending on the risk rating of the applicant(s)
|Baroda Home Loan Advantage
|For up to Rs.75 lacs: as per normal home loan rate;
|For more than Rs.75 lacs: 0.25% higher than normal rate
|Baroda Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Home Loan
|0.25% more than normal home loan
|Baroda CRE Home Loan (Advantage)
|For up to Rs.75 lacs: 0.25% higher than normal rate
|For more than Rs.75 lacs: 0.50% higher than normal rate
Bank of Baroda home loan Processing fee and charges
The unified processing charge of 0.5% of the loan amount is applicable if the loan is less than Rs. 50 lacs with a minimum of Rs. 7,500 and maximum 12,500, and 0.25% of the loan amount is applicable if the loan is above Rs. 50 lacs loan with a minimum of Rs. 7,500 and maximum of Rs. 20,000.
Bank of Baroda Home Loan Marginal Cost of fund based Lending Rate (MCLR)
|MCLR in (%) w.e.f. 07.05.2018
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
The honorable Prime Minister of India has launched Pradhan Mantri Awas yojana (PMAY) program under the umbrella of Affordable Housing that envisages a vision of "housing for all by 2022". The scheme has been divided into two categories:
- EWS/LIG category & MIG I & II -Pradhan Manti Awas Yojana (PMAY) - the Housing for All (Urban) scheme has been launched with the objective of providing Housing for All by 2022. The scheme is being implemented through four verticals of the Central/State Governments, out of which one vertical i.e. Affordable Housing through Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) is applicable for banks. In compliance with CLSS, an interest subsidy of 6.50% is offered on the home loans which may be availed of by beneficiaries belonging to EWS/LIG categories. The subsidy would be offered to the loan component in the range of Rs.6 Lacs. Again, the government has made available the funds for MIG I and MIG II categories. Income up to Rs. 18,000,00 are covered under the MIG vertical of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- “Housing for All (Urban)” Programme will be applicable during 2015-2022 and this scheme will offer central assistance for implementing agencies through States and UTs for providing houses to all eligible beneficiaries by 31.03.2022.
Features of PMAY Schemes:
- The maximum interest subsidy under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is Rs 2, 67,280
- Aadhaar numbers are mandatory for MIG categories
- Borrowers can avail the interest subsidy benefit on the outstanding principal
- The subsidy can be availed for a maximum tenure of 20 years
- There is no cap on the cost of the property or the loan amount
- The NPV (Net Present Value) of the subsidy is calculated at a discounted rate of 9%
Eligibility for PMAY Scheme
In order to apply for this scheme, the beneficiary must not have availed any central aid under Housing for everyone by 2022. The applicant family should not hold a pucca house in any part of the country. For LIG/EWs category, the definition of a family means husband, wife and unmarried children. For MIG category, an individual applicant can also be considered as a family.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply for the home loans under Pradhan mantri Awas Yojana scheme.
Query. Can I choose the category of interest rate between fixed or floating on my home loan?
Reply–Bank of Baroda allows the customers to enjoy fixed and floating interest rates. The rate of interest varies based on certain factors like the loan amount, category of borrower, tenure of the loan and fixed or floating rate of interest.
Query. If I want to close my home loan before the scheduled tenure, is there any prepayment charge?
Reply- As per the new mandate of RBI, banks are forbidden from charging prepayment penalty on floating rate loans. If the loan is borrowed on a fixed rate of interest, the bank will charge 2% (applicable taxes) on the outstanding principal.
Query. How can I apply for Bank of Baroda Home loan online?
Reply-You can apply for Bank of Baroda bank home loan online by simply entering your personal and financial details on our website or you can directly contact our team by calling us at 0120-411-0376 or emailing us @ email@example.com
Ques. What is the maximum home loan amount that I can avail from Bank of Baroda?
Bank of Baroda offers home loans of up to Rs. 1 crore to eligible customers who are in rural and semi-urban areas. While if you are in any of the metro cities, you can avail of housing finance of up to Rs. 5 crores. Besides, the maximum loan amount that you are eligible for in Mumbai is Rs. 10 crores.
Ques. What are the prepayment charges on Bank of Baroda Home Loans?
Bank of Baroda doesn’t levy you any charges on prepayments towards your loan at present.
Ques. What are the processing charges applicable on my personal loan of BOB?
While the bank levies a processing fee of up to 0.50% on the loan amount additionally applicable taxes on their home loans, some loan products can also be taken out with a full waiver on processing fees.