On the top of the official website of Citibank, you can click Calculators and then EMI Calculator from the dropdown list. Here are some simple steps to use Citibank personal loan EMI calculator:
- Step 1: Use the slider, under the loan amount, to select the loan amount you want to get.
- Step 2: Likewise use the slider to select the interest rate charged by Citibank.
- Step 4: In the next step, use the slider to determine the loan repayment tenure under the ‘Loan Tenure’ section.
Once you have selected all personal loan components, you will then be able to see a detailed breakdown of your EMI, total interest payable and total amount payable. You can see the amortization table which will help you view the detailed repayment schedule.
Citibank personal loan EMI calculator formula
A general mathematical formula is used to calculate EMI on loans:
P x R x (1+R)^N] / [(1+R)^N-1]
- P is to the principal of your personal loan
- R is the rate of interest
- N is tenure (loan term in some years)
A personal loan EMI is made of two main components: principal and interest.
What are the inputs to be provided to the Citibank personal loan EMI Calculator?
Borrowers need to enter the following inputs into the personal loan EMI calculator to compute their EMI:
- Loan amount: The amount you wish to borrow as a personal loan from Citibank.
- Interest rate: Rate of interest charged by the bank on your personal loan. Citibank personal loan interest rate ranges from 9.99% to 17.99% per annum.
- Loan tenure: It is the period of time for which you wish to get a Citibank personal loan. You can choose a period between 1 and 5 years.