United Mobile Application for New-age Governance
This unique application has been created keeping the idea of new India in mind. It is the outcome of a combined initiative taken by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MEITY) and the National e-Government Division (NeGD), to provide a single platform to the citizens of our country.
The UMANG allows its users to access all government related services on a single platform, whether they are offered by the Central Government, the State or any Regional government body.
Central Government’s EPFO is one of the organisations that provide their services over this app through the introduction of an in-built app directory known as the DigiLocker in collaboration with the NeGD, which is projected to cater almost over 1 Crore pensioners and registered members of the EPFO.
It is also expected that over 65 Lakh pensioners can now download their pension-related documents (PPOs) with DigiLocker, a single-window paperless system kept in place.
Here is how you go about using the Umang App
One can begin with downloading the Umang App from the Play Store or from the Apple App Store. In case, if you directly want to access this app, click on this link: Download Umang App
How to use EPFO services on the UMANG APP?
UMANG as a service can be downloaded for all major platforms like Web, Mobile App, SMS & IVR and can easily be accessed on tablets, smartphones, feature phones and desktop computers.
Here is how you can integrate your EPFO account through the UMANG app, kindly read the steps that follow –
- Once you have downloaded the Umang app, open the app and select EPFO
- Now Click on the “Employee Centric Services”
- Now click on the VIEW PASSBOOK and check the EPF balance here
- Now you need to enter the UAN Id and then click on the GET OTP. Once you choose this option, you will have OTP sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP and click on the login
- Choose the member ID of the company for which you want to check the EPF balance
- You will have the entire information displayed in front of you