Along with Account number, IFSC code, MICR code and many other details, CIF number is also a significant term that can be seen. CIF stands for Customer Information File. It is a unique number which is alloted to every account. It comprises the essential information, i.e., customer details, account types, balances, loans, etc. in the digital format. One can find his/her CIF number online or offline via various ways.
Likewise, the State Bank of India also assigns unique CIF numbers to every account. A SBI CIF number is of 11-digit can be found online via net banking, YONO SBI App or offline via chequebook, passbook, calling bank branch and visiting the bank branch.
What is the CIF number?
The abbreviation CIF stands for Customer Identification File. This is unique for each and every customer of a bank. It contains valuable information about the account holder/customer in a digital format.
A CIF number has the following specifications-
- It is a virtual file having all the banking information of the customer.
- It is an 11 digit number that represents the digital file.
- All the accounts belonging to a customer are linked to one unique CIF number assigned to the customer.
- The bank decodes the CIF number if it wants to retrieve any information (personal and financial) pertaining to the customer. The CIF helps the bank to view all information related to a customer in one single place.
- This file includes details related to loans and Demat accounts availed by the customer. It also includes his KYC details such as address details, identity information, and a photo identity proof.
How to find out the SBI CIF Number?
There are 2 major ways to find out the SBI CIF number- online and offline. We will discuss both of these in detail. The process to find CIF number for other banks is similar as well.
A. Online methods
You can find the SBI CIF Number online through any of the following methods:
1. SBI internet banking
Here are the steps to view your State Bank of India CIF number through internet banking:
- Visit the official website of State Bank of India and click ‘Personal Banking’
Click on ‘Login’ and then ‘CONTINUE TO LOGIN’
- An existing user needs to type his/ her Username, Password and text from Captcha. New users will need to register for internet banking
- Click on View ‘Nominee and PAN Details’ in Account Summary
- You can find CIF Number under Nominee and PAN Details
Customers can also find CIF number under Profile Tab, here are the steps:
- Once you log in to SBI Internet Banking, click on Profile and then select My Account & Profile.
- Now click on Select your Segment
- After clicking on Select Your Segment, you will see your CIF Number.
2. Yono Lite SBI App
You can use Yono Lite SBI app to find your CIF number online by taking the following steps:
- Download Yono Lite SBI from the Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Enter your username and password to log in to the app.
- Click on the ‘Services’ tab.
- Click on Online Nomination under services tab
- Choose Transaction Account in the Account Type in the redirected screen
- Select your account number and view your CIF Number
Method 1: Through SBI passbook
Customers can easily check the CIF No through Offline Methods as well. They can check their State Bank of India Passbook that has all the information about accounts.
Method 2: Through bank branch
Alternatively, you can visit the nearest SBI Bank branch and request your CIF number by giving your account number.
Method 3: SBI Customer Care Number
You can call SBI customer care team at the toll-free numbers - 1800112211, 18004253800 or, 080-26599990 – any time to know the CIF number. You will need to share your account information to verify your identity.
Many customers are not fully aware of how to find their SBI CIF number as yet. Aforementioned are the ideal and only ways to get SBI CIF number. Additionally, you should know that there is no way to find out CIF number by means of SMS and chequebook.
Read More : How to check SBI Bank Statement Online?